- Contact Information: Please enter your current name, address, email and phone number.
- Citizenship & Demographics: Applicants will be asked to submit their birth, contact, citizenship and demographic information. Demographic information is requested for statistical purposes only and will not be forwarded to selecting companies for review.
You will be asked for proof of citizenship status, which may be a copy of a U.S. passport, birth certificate, certificate of non-citizen nationality, naturalization certificate, permanent resident card (green card), or other acceptable documentation, before entering into an employment agreement with a company. This, however, is not collected during the application process.
- Academic Background: Applicants will be asked to list all the schools they have attended. To add schools, select the Add New School link. Once selected, a new screen will appear allowing applicants to type in the names of institutions and search for them. When the correct institution has been located and is selected, a new list will appear below the name of institution. Here applicants will be asked the type of degree received and the dates attended. After completing this information, select Save This School at the bottom center of the page. This process should be repeated until all institutions are listed.
NOTE: To be eligible to apply, you must have earned a Ph.D. in a STEM-related discipline, supported by the NSF, within seven years of the date of application.
- Resume Upload: Applicants are asked to include any past employment information in this section. Professional resumes can be uploaded via PDF file.
- Awards & Honors: Applicants are asked to enter all scholarships, academic honors, scientific or engineering student leadership roles, honorary societies and any other recognition relevant to your field since entering college.
If you do not have any awards to report, indicate this by clicking on the No awards or honors to report check box.
- References Applicants are required to submit three references from former academic advisors, employment supervisors, or other professionals who are familiar with their academic and research achievements. All reference information should be confirmed prior to adding them to your list.
After applicants enter reference information into their application and save it, an email will automatically be sent to each reference with instructions detailing how the reference form should be completed.
- Transcript Upload Here applicants are able to upload transcripts for each of their listed schools. Note: The Academic Background section must be completed before transcripts can be uploaded.
- Research OpportunitiesHere applicants will find the research opportunities available through the program. Applicants looking for a specific job can type the job title in the text box and then Search. If applicants want to view the full listing of research opportunities, they can click Browse All below the search box. Applicants will not be able to apply for an opportunity until the application is submitted. To apply for an opportunity select Browse All to see opportunities, then select Apply. A window opens that allows the research proposal to be uploaded. After the applicant uploads an opportunity, it will appear in the My Research Opportunities list.
- Research Proposal: Applicants will be required to upload a research proposal pertaining to their general research interest or specific to the research opportunity for which they are applying. The proposal should be no more than five single-spaced pages in length and must address a topic of mutual interest to the applicant and the potential sponsor. It must present the goals of the research endeavor and set forth plans to achieve them. A clear objective of the research and the results that will be delivered will be an important criterion. Background material, such as previous studies done, motivation for the proposed research, and a planned approach must also be included in order to make clear the direction of the research. A time frame must be proposed and the importance and benefits to the potential sponsor must be explained. The final determination regarding the research project will be made by the host laboratory and sponsoring mentor.
Applicants must upload their proposals in PDF format.
Last Updated: September 27, 2016 03:36 PM